The 'Wild forest adventure' section has been especially designed for students, to provide interesting and relevant information about the forest environment, in a stimulating and fun way.
Students are able to take the cartoon characters Serge, Kim, Scribbly and Flo on one or more of the wild forest adventures, each presented in a comic book format:
Each adventure is accessed through a signpost on the opening page. Alternatively students may choose to go directly to the topic of interest by using the Quick Trip glossary.
The information in the 'Wild forest adventure' may be used in various subject areas, but particularly relates to the NSW Department of Education and Training's:
- Design and Technology K-10 Syllabus and Support Documents
- Science and Technology K-10 Syllabus and Support Documents
- Human Society and Its Environment K-10 Syllabus and Support Documents
- Environmental Education Policy for Schools.
- The Parties RSVP soon section may be particularly useful for Human Society and its Environment, and Personal Development, Health and Physical Education students.
- The Poo section may be particularly useful for Science and Technology students.
- The Ferals section may be particularly useful for Human Society and its Environment students.
- The Woodwork section may be particularly useful for Design and Technology students.
The 'Wild forest adventure' is also available in a print version. Students can join the characters Serge and Kim in an interactive comic book adventure exploring the amazing worlds of woodwork, ferals and poo. The book can be used as a journey companion, record and guide. Students can challenge their knowledge of forests and forestry in NSW with puzzles, plays, word games, craft, and fun with numbers.