Widespread State forest closures - full closures list
14 Jan 2020 until further notice
Statewide Information Centre
1300 655 687
A large number of State forests are closed due to the impact of the NSW bushfires.
See the full list of forest closures here (current at 20 March 2020).
Recent State forests reopened:
- 20 March 2020: Newnes State Forest reopened.
- 9 March 2020: Pokolbin State Forest reopened. Area unaffected by fire in Margle south State Forest is open to public access
- 2 March 2020: Mannus State Forests partially reopen. Seymour's plantation area remains closed.
- 27 February 2020: Nundle and Hanging Rock State Forests reopened.
- 25 February 2020: Breeza and Severn State Forests reopened. Edrom Road reopened. Other roads and trails coming off Edrom Road remain closed until declared safe.
- 18 February 2020: Craigie State Forest reopened
- 14 February 2020: Gnupa and Glenbog State Forests reopened
- 11 February 2020: Billapoola, Bondo, Bungongo, Carabost, Micalong, Mundaroo, Murraguldrie, Red Hill, Tumut and Wee Jasper State Forests reopened.
- 7 February 2020: Belanglo and Penrose State Forests reopened from 7 February 2020.
- 21 January 2020: Selected North Coast Forest will be reopening from 22 January 2020.
Imlay Road near Eden is closed to all traffic with the exception of emergency services.
There will be exceptions to these closures for some visitor areas – those with good access close to main roads and towns. The following remain open at this stage:
- Crooked Creek Rest Area, east of Tenterfield
- Cumberland State Forest in Sydney
- Penrose State Forest Rest Area
Please check the Forestry Corporation website and Facebook page for daily updates, as these areas may also be closed if fire conditions in the local area worsen.
Forest closures override all permits for hunting. Hunting is not permitted in closed forests even with a permit.
Visitors should remain vigilant and keep up to date with the Rural Fire Service Fires Near Me app or website.
Severe and extreme weather conditions are predicted, visitors should consult the Rural Fire Service website for current advice on the fire danger rating.
Updates on State forest closures will be available at www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visit and posted on Facebook.
Visit our closures and notices page for links and information on checking weather and fire warnings and to find out about permits in State forests when they are closed.