Widespread State forest closures - full closures list
14 Jan 2020 until further notice
Statewide Information Centre
1300 655 687
A large number of State forests are closed due to the impact of the NSW bushfires. Please check the link below for current State forest closures.
Also please note many visitor areas remain closed for repairs on the south coast and snowy mountains as indicated on the closure list.
See the full list of forest closures here (current at 1 July 2020).
Recent State forests reopened:
- 1 July 2020: Badja, Bermagui, Bodalla, Bolaro, Boyne, Bruces Creek, Buckenbowra, Clyde, Currambene, Currowan, Dampier, East Boyd, Flat Rock, Ingebirah, Jerrawangala, Kioloa, McDonald, Mogo, Moruya, Mowamba, Nadgee, Nalbaugh, North Brooman, Nowra, Nullica, Nungatta, Shallow Crossing, Shoalhaven, South Brooman, Termeil, Timbillica, Tomerong, Wandella, Wandera, Yadboro, Yambulla, Yerriyong, Yurammie State Forests reopened
- 9 June 2020: Bago State Forest partially closed
- 21 May 2020: Clandulla State Forest reopened
- 13 May 2020: Nambucca State Forest partially closed
- 8 May 2020: Doona, Severn and Kerringle State Forests partially closed.
- 28 April 2020: Bago and Maragle reopen
Forest closures override all permits for hunting. Hunting is not permitted in closed forests even with a permit.
Visitors should remain vigilant and keep up to date with the Rural Fire Service Fires Near Me app or website.
Updates on State forest closures will be available at www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visit and posted on Facebook.
Visit our closures and notices page for links and information on checking weather and fire warnings and to find out about permits in State forests when they are closed.