Forestry Corporation of NSW is the largest manager of commercial native and plantation forests in NSW, with over two million hectares of state forests. Our Softwood Plantation produces enough timber to construct a quarter of the houses built in Australia each year! Find out more about Forestry Corporation and the work we do.
The Softwood Plantations Division of Forestry Corporation of NSW is Australia’s largest grower of plantation pine, managing over 200,000 Ha across NSW. We supply over 3.5 million tonnes of log products annually, producing enough timber to construct a quarter of the houses built in Australia each year. The Tumut Management Area produces approximately 1.8 million tonnes per annum.
The role is based in Tumut, a beautiful regional town in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains with a warm community spirit. Being only a one-hour drive from Wagga Wagga, with affordable housing, a range of school options, a craft brewery and award winning cool climate wineries, easy access to the great outdoors including snow fields, forests and rivers, and a wonderful autumn festival, Tumut has a lot to offer.
The Woodflow Scheduler is the key interface between FCNSW, our customers and our haulage contractors. The role provides an excellent opportunity to build close working relationships with some of the largest timber processors in Australia. As the Woodflow Scheduler you will coordinate haulage operations throughout the Tumut-Tumbarumba, Moss Vale & ACT plantation areas.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in the coordination and analysis of operational or supply chain activities, preferably of log products, including engagement with relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in exercising sound judgement, under pressure in a complex commercial environment.
- Management skills including the ability to: communicate, delegate, negotiate, coordinate and report on activities and achieve outcomes.
- Capacity to communicate clearly and negotiate with stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes under pressure.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- 3 years equivalent experience in operations or logistics positions.
Ability to undertake active frontline firefighting duties and be available for afterhours fire standby on a rostered basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with an updated copy of your resume. In your cover letter tell us about what you can bring to Forestry Corporation, how you can meet the requirements of the role, and why you would like to join our team! Candidates should email their applications to email@example.com
Closing date: Applications must be received by Monday 07 January 2019.
If you’d like more information about the role please contact Nick Firth, Haulage & Sales Manager on +61 427 214 521