We pride ourselves on being the largest manager of commercial plantation & native forests in New South Wales. We manage renewable timber production, environmental sustainability & recreation across more than two million hectares of NSW State forests. You can discover more about Forestry Corporation & the benefits of working with us by visiting https://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/
The Softwood Plantation division is seeking a highly-motivated individual to take on the role of Silviculture Supervisor. The successful candidate will contribute to the establishment of over 3000 ha of plantation annually. This role has a rare mix of office duties and regular work in the great outdoors. The role currently available focuses on weed competition control. Experience in weed control or helicopter operations would be highly regarded.
The role is based in Tumut, a picturesque town in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains, that has a warm community spirit. Tumut is one-hour’s drive from Wagga Wagga, a large regional centre with commercial flights.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in field operations and delivering specified operational outcomes. Experience in plantation forestry operations is highly desirable
- Well-developed supervisory and contractor management skills.
- Ability to communicate and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Map interpretation and preferably map creation skills. Aptitude for software programs and electronic devices.
- Experience implementing Safety Management and Environmental Management systems.
- A current driver’s license is essential. Holders of medium rigid and/or forklift licenses would be highly regarded.
- Experience planning and co-ordinating weed or pest control programs. Plan and implement a chemical use program (AQF4) accreditation or willingness to undertake training.
- The capacity and willingness to undertake manual work and walking through difficult terrain as required.
- Forestry Corporation employees contribute to fire preparedness and suppression activities. Responsibilities will include fire-standby as rostered and deployment as a fire-fighter. Fire duties will include weekend work and extended hours (e.g. firefighting nightshifts).
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should email their applications, including CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Applications must be received by 25 January 2019.
If you’d like more information about the role, please contact Ben Wielinga +61 (02)6981 4101.
Depending on the role the successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a Drug and Alcohol screening, and/or Medical Assessment and/or a Fire Task Based Assessment (TBA).