Service Desk Team Leader
- Work within a diverse and skilled team of IT professionals
- Strong customer service focus in a dynamic team
- Great opportunity to work for an environmentally responsible employer that manages one of our most sustainable natural resources
Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) is the largest manager of commercial native and plantation forests in NSW. We contribute to the timber industry that employs over 22,000 people in NSW and add $2.4 billion a year to the economy. We are known for our vibrant culture and ability to grow and develop people. With an annual turnover in excess of $350, we continue to maintain year on year growth while playing a key role in the Australian wood products industry. Find out more about Forestry Corporation by going to www.forestrycorporation.nsw.com.au
About the role
Forestry Corporation is investing in its IT capability and as part of that investment has a new opportunity for a Service Desk Team Leader, reporting to the Service Delivery Manager. The Service Desk Team Leader will be responsible for managing a team of 4 and the operation of our Service Desk. This role will work on the front line to ensure our business is provided with a world class IT service. The Service Desk Team Leader will use their communication and proven IT experience to ensure timeliness, efficiency and quality of service, first-level support and basic training to clients and end-users. This role provides mentoring to the Service Desk Team and will drive a culture of continual process improvement within the Service Desk team and the wider IT Team.
- Manage the Service desk through coordination of appropriate responses to Major and Critical Incidents.
- First point of contact between Customer, technical teams, and Service Desk Technicians for escalations and investigations.
- Provide mentoring to the Service Desk Team and drive a culture of continual process improvement within the Service Desk and wider IT Team.
To be successful, you will be an experienced Service Desk Team Leader with experience in a mid/large contact centre environment. Your experience will include maintaining and supporting Microsoft technologies, PC hardware and iOS devices, best practice IT service desk delivery, including knowledge of ITIL Practices around Incident, Service Request, Problem and Change Management, and ITIL Certification (Foundation Level). In addition, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present effectively to non-technical staff and end-users across a variety of communication channel. Your working style will be highly organised with the ability to work in a highly structured and process driven environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ Years Helpdesk / Problem solving experience
- 5 + Years experience with Windows Domains / Active Directory / SCCM
- ITIL certification
- Experience with Office 365.
- Experience with Microsoft Forms, Microsoft Flow, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Intune
- Previous Leadership experience
- Experience with end-user training
- Microsoft Certified Professional or other IT Tertiary Qualification desirable
- Experience with Cherwell Service Desk management desirable
- Strong customer focus
- High level of skill in decision making; in particular problem identification, solution and analysis
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Positive role modelling including the provision of constructive feedback to help others as required
- Mentor to less experienced staff
- Effective prioritization and organizational skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong process development and planning skills
- Ability to be responsible and accountable for own practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
Travel to Forestry Corporation office across NSW state wide as required.
About what’s on offer
Forestry Corporation has on offer an attractive salary package. In addition, we support flexible work practices and have generous leave conditions including an extra public holiday and 5 additional days of personal leave each year. We provide access to discounted gym memberships, flu vaccinations, an Employee Assistance Program, and we have a well-defined Performance and Development scheme which provides for Individual Development planning.
About the application process
Please apply with an updated copy of your resume [maximum five pages]. In your cover letter, tell us about what you can bring to Forestry Corporation and the role and why you would like to join our team! We welcome and encourage your contact.
Please contact Eric Tung on (02) 9872 0152 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: 17 June 2019.
Applicants should email their applications to email@example.com.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.