- Permanent position
- Based in Casino or Grafton
- Protecting community and forest assets
Would you like the opportunity to work with people who are passionate about managing our beautiful State Forests? Want a role where you have a variety of work and the opportunity to split your time between the field and office? If you are interested in working for Forestry Corporation and want to find out more about what we do, visit www.forestrycorporation.nsw.com.au and www.facebook.com/VisitNSWForests.
The Protection Supervisor is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to protect hardwood forests in the far north coast of NSW. The role includes fire suppression and fuel management, road and trail and bridge maintenance, pest and weed control, dumping and illegal activity control and budget management. Working outdoors and extensive travel (mostly vehicle based) is required to fulfil these responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- A BSc (Forestry) or other environmental tertiary qualification.
- Experience in forest fire management, including managing fire readiness, wild fire suppression and hazard reduction burning.
- Experience in road, bridge and fire trail maintenance.
- Experience in developing and implementing pest and weed management programs.
- Sound understanding of relevant NSW legislation, regulatory requirements and best-practice methodologies including the Forestry, Biosecurity and Rural Fires Acts.
- Demonstrated focus on commercial performance, continuous improvement and customer service.
- Supervisory skills and experience, preferably including contractor management.
- Proven organisational skills - ability to plan and prioritise work, meet standards and deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills, oral and written communication skills
- Hold a current drivers licence.
How to apply
Send a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the ideal candidate criteria to email@example.com by 23 June 2019. For further information on this position please contact Karel Zejbrlik on 0427 484 919.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process. As this role has frontline fire fighting responsibilities a Task Based Assessment (TBA) at a standard of at least the Moderate Field Test is required. Forestry Corporation of NSW considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).