- Permanent opportunity
- Flexible working conditions
- Coffs Harbour
Would you like the opportunity to work with people who are passionate about managing our beautiful State Forests for a range of forest values? Are you interested in managing forest visitor experiences on the North Coast and working with a small, collaborative and creative team? Do you consider yourself emotionally intelligent? A position exists for a dynamic, enthusiastic and forward-thinking person to join Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) Stewardship's 'Tourism & Partnerships' team for native/hardwood forests.
About the role
The Partnerships Leader oversees the development and management of all aspects of visitor experiences in North Coast State Forests and is responsible for:
- Managing North Coast State forest visitor experiences, managing building and other contractors, overseeing on-the-ground visitor area management, coordinating visitor data collection processes, social media and visitor engagement.
- Managing Forest Permits for recreation/tourism – including online administration, assessment of environmental impacts, consultation with other Forestry functional areas, permit compliance management and auditing.
- Developing relationships with partners by representing Forestry in recreation/tourism forums, supporting major North Coast events in State Forests and working with stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with a small, geographically-spread, creative team in finding innovative solutions to potentially complex visitor and forest management issues.
The ideal candidate for this role is highly innovative and creative, with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in natural resource or related/relevant fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of forests and land management
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and relationship building skills.
- Good interpersonal skills particularly negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently as part of a decentralised team.
- Strong organisational, project, budget and time management skills.
- Demonstrated contractor management experience and skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity and willingness to undertake fire and fuel management duties, regular travel, and maintain sufficient fitness for the job.
- Hold a current drivers licence.
How to apply
Send a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the ideal candidate criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 April 2019. If you want to know more about this exciting career opportunity, contact Louise Faulkner on 0408 439 203.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements. Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.