- Attractive inland Northern Rivers NSW location (Grafton)
- Competitive salary
- Permanent Full Time
- Flexible work arrangements
- Lead a small and dedicated team
- Combination of field and office work
Forestry Corporation is the largest manager of commercial native and plantation forests in NSW. We manage more than two million hectares of forests for the economic, environmental and social benefit of the people of NSW and Australia.
Established in 1916, Forestry Corporation’s sustainable forest management practices have been on display for 100 years. Forestry Corporation adheres to the values of respect, innovation, integrity and wellbeing.
The Forestry Corporation of NSW is seeking a highly motivated individual to co-ordinate production activities across Grafton District. The Production Coordinator will lead a team of two Production Supervisors, responsible for supervision of harvesting, haulage and associated roading operations with a strong focus on compliance and performance to maximise the commercial value of the forest estate.
The Production Co-ordinator also is also the primary local contact for day to day sales issues with the Districts’ customers. You will be capable of co-ordinating all the associated tasks to ensure customer delivery of 140,000 tonnes of log products annually. You will co-ordinate and support staff to perform sales administration, annual scheduling of operations, development of operational plans (harvest and road), supervise operational activities (harvest and road), administer contracts and report on activities undertaken.
The position manages contractor activities with respect to harvest, haulage and roading. Furthermore the position will play a leading role in fire suppression activities across the district.
The ideal candidate will be organised, self-driven and enjoy working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. They will ideally possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferred but not essential, or significant relevant experience.
- Experience (min five (5) Years) and knowledge of a variety of forestry operations and their cost and value recovery implications - including roading, harvesting, and haulage ideally within a plantation forest context.
- Experience in Sales (preferably Log Products) including customer engagement and administration.
- Excellent understanding and commitment to safety within an operational environment.
- Ability to interpret regulatory and contract requirements and effectively manage contractors.
- A working knowledge and understanding of relevant industry codes of practice plus relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and best-practice methodologies.
- A willingness and capacity to play a leading role in fire fighting activities
- Sound decision making, leadership, supervision and organisational skills with staff and contractors
How to apply
Please email your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com. Applications must be received by 24 August 2019.
For a position description or for more information about the role please contact Peter Walters on 0427 492 048 or Jason Molkentin on 0418 660 465.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a medical examination which includes Drug and Alcohol screening and a Fitness Test for firefighting duties.