Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) is the largest manager of commercial plantation and native forests in NSW. We manage more than two million hectares of forests for the economic, environmental, and social benefit of the people of NSW and Australia.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are focused on empowering our people to use their creativity, authenticity and diverse thinking to be the champions of change now and into the future. That is why no matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for this position. Our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work and so we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds to apply.
Why grow your career with Forestry Corporation of NSW:
A career at FCNSW is built on the foundations of our values:
- Wellbeing: The safety and wellbeing of our people is priority.
- Respect: We care for country, community, and ourselves.
- Integrity: We are honest and accountable for all our actions.
- Innovation: We challenge ourselves to think differently and improve.
- 7 positions in either Taree, Wauchope, Coffs Harbour and Grafton
What we can offer you:
- 24-month development opportunities located on the North Coast, with potential for ongoing opportunities with FCNW
- The chance to challenge and immerse yourself in the great outdoors
- Flexible working arrangement through a rostered 9-day fortnight.
- Fantastic company benefits and incentives including one additional day of paid leave and access to our Maxxia Discount Program.
- Great learning role with all training provided.
- Entry level role with a competitive salary in accordance with FCNSW classification structure.
What you will be doing:
- We have multiple opportunities (7 in total) for resilient and self-motivated Forest Technician Trainees to join in various locations across the North Coast. This is a unique position for someone who is willing to role up their sleeves and hit the ground running. You’ll spend your day-to-day working in the bush in a variety of weather conditions.
You will be required to:
- Receive training in relation to mark up surveys and gain competency in flora and fauna species identification, habitat feature identification, and survey techniques.
- Undertake timely, accurate strategic inventory and mark-up surveys in advance of harvest operations in designated areas
- Learn and maintain knowledge of silvicultural and ecological issues relevant to the role.
- Be fit and willing to undertake firefighting training, firefighting and hazard reduction burning.
Challenging yet rewarding role here you will gain unique skills and experiences while working alongside highly skilled and passionate Forest Technicians.
We would love you to have:
- Excellent work ethic, and ability to consistently work within a challenging operational environment
- Knowledge and interest in the ecology of native forests.
- General understanding of the native forest timber industry and forest silvicultural principles.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organisational skills - ability to plan and prioritise work, meet standards and deadlines.
- Physical fitness, mental resilience, and experience in working safely in a high-risk environment.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn and apply new technologies.
You can apply here, for more information please contact James Jaggers – Operations Planning Manager North via (m) 0427 264 561 or (e) email@example.com. Please state your preferred location in your cover letter/resume.
Applications Close: Monday 8 August, 11:59pm AEST
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a Drug and Alcohol screening, and Medical Assessment and/or a Fire Task Based Assessment (TBA).
At Forestry Corporation, the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, our contractors and our communities is the highest priority, which is why require all employees to be:
- fully vaccinated with a Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved COVID-19 vaccine; or
- have an approved medical contraindication