IT Support Technician – Tumut
- Join an awesome team of talented, dedicated professionals
- Opportunity for Permanent appointment in our Tumut Office
- Great opportunity to work for an environmentally responsible employer that manages one of our most sustainable natural resources
Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) is the largest manager of commercial native and plantation forests in NSW. We contribute to the timber industry that employs over 22,000 people in NSW and add $2.4 billion a year to the economy. We are known for our vibrant culture and ability to grow and develop people. With an annual turnover in excess of $350m, we continue to maintain year on year growth while playing a key role in the Australian wood products industry. Find out more about Forestry Corporation by going to www.forestrycorporation.nsw.com.au
Forestry Corporation is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic team player who enjoys learning new technologies in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The IT Support Technician will be responsible for providing computer support and advisory services to staff via helpdesk and assist in providing a stable IT base for users and to enable users to make effective use of systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing telephone, remote and onsite client support and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Investigation and trouble shoot of IT incidents and updating support tickets
- Set up and support of IT Hardware
To be successful in the role, we are looking for
- Experience in a similar role. Highly skilled graduates will also be considered
- Experience in a commercially focussed corporate environment with a LAN, WAN and Server environment.
- Experience providing I.T. Helpdesk style services and the provision of direct support to users in a commercially focussed and regulated corporate environment.
- Experience in maintaining and supporting current Microsoft Office applications and operating systems.
- Clear thinking and a structured approach to problem solving are required.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including an excellent phone manner.
- Work well in a small collaborative team and can work independently
This role will be required to undertake travel to other FCNSW office locations located in Regional centres within NSW. To be successful for this role you must be willing and able to undertake travel (by road and air) as required.
About the application process
Please apply with an updated copy of your resume [maximum five pages]. In your cover letter, tell us about what you can bring to Forestry Corporation and the role and why you would like to join our team!
Please contact Brandon Tran on (02) 9407 4220 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Applications must be received by 26 July 2019.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace, which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements. Candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check and a medical assessment which includes drug and alcohol screen as part of the recruitment process.