- Permanent Position
- Based in Wauchope
- Rewarding outdoor role in Production
At Forestry Corporation we pride ourselves on being the largest manager of commercial plantation and native forests in New South Wales. We manage renewable timber production, environmental sustainability and recreation across more than two million hectares of NSW State forests. You can discover more about Forestry Corporation and the work we do by visiting www.forestrycorporation.nsw.com.au.
We are seeking an energetic Harvesting Coordinator to supervise the day to day harvesting operations of contractor crews working in native and plantation forests of the mid north coast of NSW. A strong focus on meeting production targets and customer expectations is required as well as compliance with relevant safety, environmental protection and sustainability standards. Reporting to the Harvesting Supervisor Central, you’ll be part of a team that strives to be innovative, is continually looking to identify operational efficiencies and prides itself on strong safety leadership and management. This role also includes firefighting and hazard reduction burning, extensive travel (mainly driving) and work outside regular hours during peak periods.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, independent, willing to learn and have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, commercial and continuous improvement focus.
- Excellent understanding and commitment to safety in an operational environment.
- Proven ability to interpret contract requirements and effectively manage contractors.
- Experience, knowledge and interest in timber harvesting or similar operations, including forest management, silviculture, log production and the economics of managing a harvesting crew.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant industry standards, regulatory requirements and best-practices.
- Willingness to maintain sufficient fitness for the job e.g. able to efficiently conduct reconnaissance / investigation through difficult terrain and dense vegetation.
- Ability to attain Log Grading Accreditation
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook and ability to use an iPad-based mapping and information applications
- Current drivers licence.
How to apply:
Send a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the ideal candidate criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 January 2019. For further information on these positions please contact Alex Flint on 0404 070 497.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.