Forestry Corporation of NSW is the largest manager of commercial native and plantation forests in NSW, with over two million hectares of state forests. Our Softwood Plantation produces enough timber to construct a quarter of the houses built in Australia each year! Find out more about Forestry Corporation and the work we do.
We are currently seeking detail-oriented Harvesting Controller to join our team. This position will be based in our Bathurst office and responsible for harvesting in part of our Northern Region.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Harvesting & Roading Manager, you will be responsible for Leading a team of Harvesting Supervisors to ensure the successful roadside production of 1.0 million tonnes of product annually. This position has a high degree of autonomy in decision making with respect to management and supervision of harvesting operations to ensure compliance and continuity of timber supply and working with a strong team of contractors and staff.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
This role is based in Bathurst. Bathurst is the set in a wonderful natural environment with warm summers, clear, crisp winters with occasional snowfalls. From history and heritage to motor sport Bathurst has a lot to offer. Bathurst is a regional education hub with over 55 educational institutions located throughout the City. So, if you're a family looking to relocate, or looking to undertake additional study, Bathurst has you covered.
- Maximise value recovery while ensuring that the volume and specification of logs produced to meet the Management Area’s production schedule.
- Ensure accurate production records and stockpiling data is maintained and reported on. Best practice operational management of harvesting contractor safety, environmental and quality compliance.
- Manage the movements of harvesting crews between harvest areas as determined by the Scheduler to meet production demands. Solve day-to-day operational issues and propose timely solutions to the Wood flow Scheduler to ensure successful execution of the weekly delivery plan.
- Liaise with the Roading Controller on Roading issues in the field to support cost efficient roading operations.
- Provide leadership and coaching for Harvesting Supervisors and manage performance.
- Assist the Harvesting and Roading Manager plan and procure sufficient harvesting capacity to meet contractual and budgetary requirements.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Tertiary qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in forest management at grass roots as well as management level.
- Experience in management and supervision of forest operations.
- Well-developed financial and commercial skills to undertake analyses of operations and evaluate rates schedules, value trade-offs and other operational issues.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with an updated copy of your resume. In your cover letter tell us about what you can bring to Forestry Corporation, how you can meet the requirements of the role, and why you would like to join our team! For further information please contact Dan Kirby on 0448 033 325. We welcome and encourage your contact.
Applications Close 14 December 2018
Applicants should email their applications to email@example.com.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity & encourages flexible working arrangements. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment & drug & alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process. As this role has frontline fire fighting responsibilities, a Task Based Assessment (TBA) at a standard of at least the Moderate Field Test is required.