Coopernook State Forest
Some State forests may be closed on high fire risk days. Please check the latest fire information www.rfs.nsw.gov.au before visiting NSW State forests over summer, and contact the closest Forestry Corporation office www.forestrycorporation.com.au/about/contact-us for up-to-date information about forest closures.
Coopernook Forest HQ
The Forest Headquarters is just noth of Coopernook (between Taree and Kew) It is a lovely spot for a family picnic or overnight stay in scenic eucalypt forest. Caravans and Campervans are welcome, but no power available. New toilets have recently been installed. Please do not use the old toilets which will be sealed off and removed.
Forestry Corporation Information Line
1300 655 687 or (02) 9871 3377
Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm
Forestry Corporation Visitor Centre
95 Castle Hill Road, West Pennant Hills NSW 2125
- Important information when visiting state forests
- Call '000' in a bushfire emergency (www.rfs.nsw.gov.au)
- Total Fire Ban and Current Fire Danger Map (www.rfs.nsw.gov.au)
- Find out more about bushfires (www.rfs.nsw.gov.au)
- Find out more about emergency and safety (www.nsw.gov.au)
This area is designated as ‘high public usage’ under Forestry Corporation of NSW’s Pesticide Use Notification Plan [PDF 3.83 MB].