Dampier State Forest

Camping:No Walking track: Yes 4 wheel driving: Yes Designated cycling track: Yes Designated horse riding track: Yes Canoeing / Kayaking: No Swimming: No Fishing: No Accommodation: No Fireplace/BBQ: No Caravan site: No 2 wheel access: Yes Picnic area: No Toilets:No Wheelchair access: No Lookout: No Hunting: No

Recreational facilities

Coman's Mine

Walking tracks:Yes

Five kilometres from the township of Nerrigundah in Dampier State Forests is part of the region's goldmining history. Coman's mine was opened in the 1880s by EJ Coman and his partner Bloomfield. It operated for a brief but unsuccessful period and by 1889 it was found to be unprofitable.

Page last updated/reviewed:24 Jul 2012