'In the Living Forest' (book)
In the Living Forest (Ed. John Keeney), a book exploring Australia’s forest community, provides readers with a snapshot of a modern industry committed to innovation, efficiency and growth.
Published in 2005 (ETN Communications Pty Ltd), the book is a contemporary reference for those interested in the latest news in forest management and industry developments.
Covering topics as diverse as cultural heritage management, science informing forest management, economic growth, investment and social development, the many and varied articles will make a valuable contribution towards informed debate about forest management in Australia.
This book can be found in many school and local libraries across NSW. Hard copies of this book are no longer available. You can view and download sample articles below.
A number of the articles have been reviewed by the Curriculum K-12 Directorate of the NSW Department of Education and Training and mapped to the Industrial Technology stage 5 and stage 6 syllabuses. See the reviews (PDF, 378kb)
Sample articles for download
- Protecting our ancient treasures [154.0 KB PDF]
- A land changed forever [218.7 KB PDF]
- Following his animal instincts [136.7 KB PDF]
- Native forests under fire [112.9 KB PDF]
- Salt of the earth [213.9 KB PDF]
- Re-writing the textbooks [122.4 KB PDF]
- Investments in the plant's future [227.0 KB PDF]
- Painting a different landscape [257.6 KB PDF]
- The time to act is now [198.3 KB PDF]
- Credit where credit is due [68.0 KB PDF]
- The colour of karri [103.5 KB PDF]