Forestry Corporation offers curriculum aligned school excursions at Cumberland and Strickland State forests.
Cumberland State Forest
A tranquil 40 hectares of eucalypt forest, lying on gently undulating land in West Pennant Hills, 20 kilometres to the north-west of Sydney.
From a cleared paddock the forest has grown to become a valuable resource, providing an attractive forest destination for recreational and educational use and enjoyment. Sustainable land management issues are an important part of any school excursion.
A magnificent arboretum planted with native tree species from around Australia can be found on site, as well as, a visitor centre, cafe and nursery.
Strickland State Forest
Strickland State Forest contains an impressive diversity of plants and animals. Vegetation types range from heath to rainforest and the walking trails are suitable for school groups.
Well maintained gravel forest roads allow for easy bus and two-wheel drive access. It is located just 10 minutes from Gosford and the F3 Freeway, not far from the Reptile Park and Ourimbah exits.
- Primary School - Years K, 1 and 2
- Primary School - Years 3-4
- Primary School - Years 5-6
- Secondary School - Years 7-12
Safety Information & Booking form
To book your excursion, please read the following safety information and requirements and also our risk management form below. Then fill in the booking form and fax to 9872 6447, or email to email@example.com
- Excursion Booking Form [doc]
- Risk Management for Forestry Corporation School Excursions [pdf]
- Safety information - excursions and guided walks - Strickland State Forest [pdf]
- Safety information - excursions and guided walks - Cumberland State Forest [pdf]
Find out more...
Cumberland State Forest, Sydney
Phone: (02) 9872 0107
Fax: (02) 9872 6447